Monday, July 21, 2014

Almond sugar pastry cookies

(Homemade) - Almond sugar pastry cookies
When this blog was a little left behind and there was no new recipe post due to my busyness with my two latest posts on reviewing one restaurant and one bakery, and after everything is done, I feel like I need a break just to catch my breath. The reason why I posted two resto review posts in a very short time was because I was fortunate enough to be chosen by BBlog as one of food blogger to join with other bloggers to do the review and get paid for it :) Yes, I was so lucky !

I also have good news as I promised on my previous post to keep you all posted, that my son passed on his National Exam with good scores and now he is officially a Junior High student. But we decided to continue homeschooling him for the next 3 years. I know it's not easy but I hope we can make it through.
(Homemade) - Almond sugar patry cookies
Ramadhan goes by so fast and we are getting closer to the end of Ramadhan. But I don't want to miss Ramadhan moment by not making cookies for Eid day. Eid al-Fitr has always been special for every Muslims worldwide, both happy and also sad at the same time. Eid al-Fitr is the day of those whose fasts have been accepted,whose services have been rewarded and whose sins have been forgiven.

of those whose fasts have been accepted, whose services have been rewarded, and whose sins have been forgiven - See more at: http://hidayaresearch.com/the-virtue-of-the-day-of-eid/#sthash.mydnbDZs.dpuf
of those whose fasts have been accepted, whose services have been rewarded, and whose sins have been forgiven - See more at: http://hidayaresearch.com/the-virtue-of-the-day-of-eid/#sthash.mydnbDZs.dpuf
of those whose fasts have been accepted, whose services have been rewarded, and whose sins have been forgiven - See more at: http://hidayaresearch.com/the-virtue-of-the-day-of-eid/#sthash.mydnbDZs.dpuf
I made these cookies with my leftover store-bought puff pastry sheet. This is what I love about this cookies, you can make them in a blink of an eye, easy peasy lemon squeezy. Haaa...sounds like I'm being cocky but it's so true. Just wait until you try and let me know how it work for you :) We still have few more days before Eid day, if you haven't made any cookies yet, I recommend you to give it a go.

Cook's notes :
- Transfer cookies to an airtight container and keep in the fridge to make them stay crisp and crunchy.
 
(Homemade) - Almond sugar pastry cookies
Enjoy....

6 comments:

  1. Pretty and extremely tempting! A great teatime treat.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea to use puff pastry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nyontek ya mba Tika, aku biasa buat yang pake kiju. Pernah juga sih pake gula tapi tanpa almond :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silakan, Liz... :0 Mudah-mudahan cocok yaaaa.... Last minute Eid cookies.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave comment on my post. I will respond as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...