Monday, September 27, 2010

Breakfast : Fried rice with salted dried tiny silver anchovies

Nasi Goreng Teri / Fried Rice with Dried Whitebait

What is the easiest menu for breakfast ? My answer is fried rice. You can make fried rice with ingredients you have in the fridge. Corn, chicken, sausage, meat balls, egg, oyster sauce, chili, garlic, onion, and I am sure you can find them all in the fridge. All you need to do is mix them all, cook and serve it. Simple (or am I just lazy ?!). :)

Sunday morning, raining, I feel like I wasn't in the mood to go to the market. But my son and hubby has to eat something for breakfast. Luckily, I have a plastic of salted dried tiny silver anchovies. Uuhhh....it just perfect for fried rice.

In the place where I live, we can meet salted dried fish stall everywhere from traditional market to hyper mart. Warm rice, salted dried fish and shrimp paste sambal (sambal terasi), those foods really work to whet my appetite. *I'm mouth watering right now

Here's the recipe of my version of fried rice. I like to cook without a recipe, just follow my kitchen instinct.

Nasi goreng teri Medan/ Fried rice with salted dried tiny silver anchovies

Ingredients :
- 2 plates of cooked rice
- 4 large red chillies
- 5 onion, peeled
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons of salted dried tiny silver anchovies
- salt
- sugar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chooped spring onion
- pepper

How to :
1. Fry salted dried tiny silver anchovies. Set aside.
2. Using pestle, mortal, food processor or blender, make a paste with red chillies, onion, garlic, salt, sugar and pepper.
3. With the same oil, saute the onion, garlic and chili paste until fragrant.
4. Add cooked rice and salted dried tiny silver anchovies, stir well.
5. Serve it.
Make 2 servings.


Enjoy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave comment on my post. I will respond as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...